Please look below to see our current job openings. If you are interested in learning about World Next Door’s year-long Journalism Fellowships, please click here. If you are interested in pursuing our Summer Internship program, please click here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Manager (FT)
The World Next Door Office Manager is responsible for all the behind-the-scenes administrative work necessary to keep our ministry afloat. We are looking for someone who loves little details, to-do lists, and organization. This position involves both long-term and day-to-day administrative duties.
The Office Manager position is a full-time, hourly position (40 hours per week).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proven experience in the following areas of skill:
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative role
- Moderate skills with QuickBooks
- Advanced skills with Word and Excel
- Established competence in the following areas of knowledge and/or ability:
- Aptitude for financial administration and budgeting
- Enjoys handling details others might overlook
- High capacity for flexibility in day-to-day tasks
- Strong aptitude for organization
- Abilities in event and meeting planning
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Financial Administration
- Track WND’s budget and cash flow in QuickBooks
- Process all expense reimbursements, cash advances, petty cash needs, etc. for the WND staff
- Administer WND’s donor database, input incoming checks and track donations by campaign
- Create quarterly budget reports
- Prepare reports on giving, budget categories, cash flow, etc. as needed
- Coordinate with financial volunteer teams (e.g. grant seeking team, tax return volunteer, etc.)
- Travel Administration
- Book flights, lodging, in-country transportation, etc. for all WND trips
- Coordinate miscellaneous travel details (e.g. travel insurance, registering trips with the State Department, etc.)
- Prepare information packets for travelers (e.g. partner ministry contact info, flight details, etc.)
- Event Planning
- Book venues, plan budgets, etc. for all WND events
- Coordinate volunteer teams for all WND events (e.g. annual fundraiser, internship commissioning, etc.)
- Work with volunteers to promote and advertise events
- Donor Communication
- Call or email donors about renewing donations, new monthly pledges, fundraiser follow-up, etc.
- Schedule meetings for WND’s Director with new, potential and existing donors
- Create and send annual tax receipts
- Research and develop digital tax receipt options
- Internship/Fellowship/Short Term Trip Administration
- Assist WND’s Communications Coordinator in recruiting new applicants for WND’s summer internship and fellowship program
- Remind summer interns, year-long fellows and short term trip participants of fundraising deadlines, meeting dates, retreat details, etc.
- Coordinate scheduling, refreshments, transportation, etc. for all internship, fellowship and short term trip meetings and retreats
- Manage general organizational communication with readers, potential partners, etc.
- Respond to all general inquiries directed to email@example.com and direct specific emails to the necessary staff/volunteers
- Respond to new contacts (people who comment on the website, mention us on Twitter, interact on Facebook, etc.)
- Assist WND’s Executive Director
- Correspond with churches/businesses/small groups to set up and schedule new teaching and partnership opportunities
- Arrange transportation, lodging, etc. for speaking engagements
- Coordinate meetings for the Board of Directors (e.g. reminder emails, taking minutes, organizing refreshments, tracking attendance, etc.)
- Assist WND Magazine’s Editor as needed
- Assist in coordination of schedules and deadlines with WND contributors
- Create and coordinate blog posting schedule with all writing team members
- Send weekly “digest” emails to subscribers
- Help WND Magazine’s editor draft press releases about significant WND trips/experiences and send them to local news agencies
- Assist WND Magazine’s Graphic Designer
- Regularly check for and update old information on the WND website (no web coding required)
- Miscellaneous Administrative Duties
- Manage inventory of WND printed resources (e.g. photo books, calendars, etc.)
- Maintain WND’s office (e.g. coordinate yard work volunteers, purchase office supplies, collect mail, etc.)
- Maintain WND’s Amazon wish list
- Perform other duties as assigned
How to Apply
To apply for the Office Manager position at World Next Door, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be accepting resumes until December 6, 2013 and will begin interviews the following week. Our hope is to have the Office Manager begin work on or before January 6, 2014.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.