Please look below to see our current job openings. If you are interested in learning about World Next Door’s year-long Journalism Fellowships, please click here. If you are interested in pursuing our Summer Internship program, please click here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Email email@example.com.
World Next Door Office Manager (Full-Time)
The World Next Door Office Manager is responsible for all the behind-the-scenes administrative work necessary to keep our ministry afloat. This position involves both long-term and day-to-day administrative details.
This is a full-time, hourly position (40 hours/week). The job is located in Indianapolis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proven experience in the following areas of skill:
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative role
- Moderate skills with QuickBooks
- Advanced skills with Word and Excel
- Established competence in the following areas of knowledge and/or ability:
- Aptitude for financial administration and budgeting
- Enjoys handling details others might overlook
- High capacity for flexibility in day-to-day tasks
- Strong aptitude for organization
- Abilities in event and meeting planning
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Financial Administration
- Track WND’s budget and cash flow in QuickBooks
- Process all expense reimbursements, cash advances, petty cash needs, etc. for the WND staff
- Administer WND’s donor database, input incoming checks and track donations by campaign
- Create quarterly budget reports
- Prepare reports on giving, budget categories, cash flow, etc. as needed
- Coordinate with financial volunteer teams (e.g. grant seeking team, tax return volunteer, etc.)
- Travel Administration
- Book flights, lodging, in-country transportation, etc. for all WND trips
- Coordinate miscellaneous travel details (e.g. travel insurance, registering trips with the State Department, etc.)
- Prepare information packets for travelers (e.g. partner ministry contact info, flight details, etc.)
- Event Planning
- Book venues, plan budgets, etc. for all WND events
- Coordinate volunteer teams for all WND events (e.g. annual fundraiser, internship commissioning, etc.)
- Work with volunteers to promote and advertise events
- Donor Communication
- Call or email donors about renewing donations, new monthly pledges, fundraiser follow-up, etc.
- Schedule meetings for WND’s Director with new, potential and existing donors
- Create and send annual tax receipts
- Research and develop digital tax receipt options
- Internship/Fellowship/Short Term Trip Administration
- Assist WND’s Communications Coordinator in recruiting new applicants for WND’s summer internship and fellowship program
- Remind summer interns, year-long fellows and short term trip participants of fundraising deadlines, meeting dates, retreat details, etc.
- Coordinate scheduling, refreshments, transportation, etc. for all internship, fellowship and short term trip meetings and retreats
- Manage general organizational communication with readers, potential partners, etc.
- Respond to all general inquiries directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and direct specific emails to the necessary staff/volunteers
- Respond to new contacts (people who comment on the website, mention us on Twitter, interact on Facebook, etc.)
- Assist WND’s Director
- Correspond with churches/businesses/small groups to set up and schedule new teaching and partnership opportunities
- Arrange transportation, lodging, etc. for speaking engagements
- Coordinate meetings for the Board of Directors (e.g. reminder emails, taking minutes, organizing refreshments, tracking attendance, etc.)
- Assist WND Magazine’s Editor as needed
- Assist in coordination of schedules and deadlines with WND contributors
- Help WND Magazine’s editor draft press releases about significant WND trips/experiences and send them to local news agencies
- Assist WND Magazine’s Graphic Designer
- Regularly check for and update old information on the WND website (no web coding required)
- Manage inventory of WND printed resources (e.g. photo books, calendars, etc.)
- Miscellaneous Administrative Duties
- Maintain WND’s office (e.g. coordinate yard work volunteers, purchase office supplies, collect mail, etc.)
- Maintain WND’s Amazon wish list
- Perform other duties as assigned
How to apply
To apply for the position of Office Manager, please email your resume to email@example.com by April 26, 2013. We will be conducting interviews the first week of May and hope to have the position filled by May 10. If you have any questions about the position, please let us know via email.